Wondering about the best opening lines that will get a response back?
As your best wingman who wants you to have the best online dating experience, Waplog provides you with exclusive tips on opening lines and how to send the best first message.
Here are our suggestions.
1. Stay Away from Clichés
Most men start conversations by just saying “Hey, how are you?”. Don't do that! You don't want to write the same thing that other guys already wrote.
Here a few suggestions;
* Tell a joke if you’re good at it and avoid sarcasm because some people may not understand it over the text.
* Send personalized messages based on her profile.
* Make her curious about you by saying something interesting (i.e. I think we both are daredevils who love traveling. I am pretty sure you'll want to hear my crazy story when I swam with sharks in the Bahamas.)
2. Ask Something
After writing a message related to her profile, it's time to give something for her to respond.
It would be great if you ask something related to her hobbies that you have learned from her pictures and profile. If you have common interests with her, it will most probably end with a date.
Example questions include;
* What is the funniest way that you’ve been injured?
* What country disappointed you when you were traveling?
* If the company you work for or the college you go to had an honest motto, what would it be?
3. Be Confident and Polite
Women like confident and polite men. Be confident about yourself and don’t hesitate to show your good sides in a polite way.
* Hey! Your cat is adorable. I also have a Scottish fold. Aren’t they the laziest?
* Oh, you like camping too! My favorite camping adventure was in Yellowstone. What is yours?
* Hi Sarah, you seem like a good traveler. I also like to travel. Isn’t Amsterdam the most amazing city ever? Where are you planning on going next?
* Well, let’s see if we are a good match. Netflix or Clubbing?